QNT531 Advanced Problems in Statistics and Research Methods
This course extends the competencies developed in QNT 530 by introducing additional research methods and tools of statistical analyses, with the emphasis on case study and data analyses to further develop evaluative abilities in managerial decision making. Topics include analysis of variance, regression, non-parametric statistics, and time series and forecasting.
Topics and Objectives
Test of Hypotheses
- Construct a hypothesis test for one mean (small and large samples).
- Construct a hypothesis test for two means (independent and dependent).
- Evaluate hypothesis tests for proportions.
- Evaluate the application of confidence intervals.
Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- Construct a one-way ANOVA.
- Evaluate the output and application of one-way ANOVA.
- Construct a two-way ANOVA.
- Evaluate the output and application of two-way ANOVA.
Correlation and Regression Analysis
- Interpret the correlation between variables.
- Examine the magnitude of residuals and their meaning.
- Evaluate the application of linear and multiple regression analyses.
- Apply simple linear and multiple regression analyses to business problems.
Time Series and Forecasting
- Analyze trends over time.
- Evaluate forecasting techniques.
- Apply appropriate forecasting techniques.
- Evaluate the application of non-parametric statistics.
- Apply appropriate non-parametric tests to business problems.
Ethics in Research
- Identify sources of ethical issues in statistical research.
- Evaluate biases in research methodologies.
- Explain the importance of reporting and interpreting research results accurately, honestly, and thoroughly.
or call us