topic title goes here
Understanding the Meaning of Statistics
- Differentiate between qualitative and quantitative variables.
- Differentiate among the four levels of measurement and how they are used in data collection for research.
- Explain the role of statistics in business research and its application in business decision making.
- Compare the means of two or more groups.
- Apply the steps in testing a research hypothesis.
- Calculate the correlation between two variables.
- Present qualitative and quantitative data in tables and charts.
- Calculate central tendency and dispersion.
- Describe the shape of data distribution in charts—box plot, stem and leaf plot, dot plot, and so on.
Probability Concepts and Continuous Probability
- Explain discrete and continuous probability, rules of probability, and classical, empirical, and subjective approaches to probability.
- Describe characteristics of standard normal distribution.
- Calculate area between two data values and area above or below a certain value.
Integrating Research and Statistics
- Select an appropriate statistical test for analysis research data based on research questions and data type.
Interpret data analysis results to reach conclusions.
- Make a recommendation about a problem based on data analysis results and conclusions drawn.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.