Applied Business Research & Statistics –
This course prepares students to apply statistics and probability concepts to business decisions. Students learn important criterion for developing effective research questions, including the creation of appropriate sampling populations and instruments. Other topics include descriptive statistics, probability concepts, confidence intervals, sampling designs, data collection, and data analysis – including parametric and nonparametric tests of hypothesis and regression analysis.
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks. This course is available to take individually or as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
Descriptive Statistics and Probability Distributions
- Compute descriptive statistics for given data sets.
- Apply probability concepts related to discrete and continuous probability.
Research and Sampling Designs
- Formulate effective research questions.
- Construct a research design appropriate to given research questions.
- Apply the central limit theorem to sample means.
- Construct confidence intervals for a mean.
Research Methods and Business Decisions
- Apply concepts of probability to business decisions.
- Determine appropriate measurement scales for a given research design.
- Construct effective questionnaires and surveys.
- Conduct one- and two-sample tests of hypotheses.
- Perform variance and chi-square analyses.
Correlation, Linear Regression, and Multiple Regression Analysis
- Perform correlation, linear regression, and multiple regression analysis.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.