topic title goes here
Markup and Markdown and Trade and Cash Discounts
- Calculate the net price per unit.
- Calculate cash discounts.
- Calculate the cost markup or markdown.
- Calculate trade discounts.
- Interpret charts, graphs, and indices.
- Create charts, graphs, and indices.
- Analyze data using variance and standard deviation.
- Analyze data using mean, median, and mode.
- Prepare balance sheets.
- Conduct horizontal and vertical analysis of balance sheets.
- Prepare income statements.
- Conduct horizontal and vertical analysis of income statements.
- Prepare statements of cash flows.
- Perform trend analysis of statement of cash flows.
Time Value of Money Calculations
- Calculate simple interest using principal, rate, and time.
- Use present value and future value to compare and evaluate simple investment alternatives.
- Use net present value and internal rate of return to compare and evaluate capital alternatives.
Equations and Percents
- Use basic MicrosoftÂ® ExcelÂ® math functions.
- Use equations to solve problems.
- Format MicrosoftÂ® ExcelÂ® worksheets.
- Convert between percent, whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Use the percentage formula to find the unknown value when two values are known.
- Calculate the percent increase or decrease between two numbers.
Applications of Business Math
- Apply business math principles to make finance and operational decisions.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.