rel134 | undergraduate
World Religious Traditions II
topic title goes here
- Explain the essential elements of Muslim faith and practice.
- Distinguish among Shiite Islam, Sunni Islam, and Sufism.
- Evaluate Islam’s historical influences on law, philosophy, and the arts.
Religion in the Modern World
- Summarize the historical connections and theological similarities among Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
- Describe the contemporary struggles within and among Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
The Nature of Religion
- Describe the sacred in indigenous traditions.
- Identify issues in the study of religion.
- Describe the common elements of religion.
- Recount influential moments in Jewish history.
- Contrast the major branches of Judaism.
- Describe important Jewish religious practices.
- Explain basic Christian beliefs that emerged in the early church.
- Describe the historical development of the three major Christian traditions.
- Contrast the three major Christian traditions.
- Illustrate the pluralistic nature of contemporary Christianity.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.