rhet450 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Semantics and Pragmatics
- Name and define three maxims of the cooperation principle.
- Detect a speech act and utterance.
- Describe idiolect and generate a definition of lexicon.
- Recognize what constitutes a discourse.
Morphological Typology and Word Formation
- Interpret the functions of word formation.
- Explain the structure of words and their meanings.
- Interpret the meaning of idiomatic expressions.
- Identify morphological differences between languages.
Phonetics: Describing Sounds
- Formulate an explanation of the speech signal.
- Discuss the process of hearing and understanding language.
- Recognize the different speech sounds.
- Analyze sound systems and the phonological processes.
Languages and Communities
- Exemplify differences and similarities between languages.
- Restate what is language.
- Discuss how languages change through time.
- Analyze language variation and social meaning, and determine how language and linguistics play a role in human dispersal theories.
Language and the Language Faculty
- Identify the universal properties of language.
- Recognize the different kinds of grammar.
- Formulate a description of language comprehension.
- Exemplify language acquisition.
Please ask about these special rates:
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.