rst240 | undergraduate
Food Safety Management
topic title goes here
The Flow of Food through Purchasing, Receiving, and Storage
- Identify TCS foods, time-temperature abuse, and methods to prevent cross-contamination between TCS foods and safe foods.
- Explain the flow of food during preparation, cooking, cooling, and reheating.
- Describe the purchasing, delivery, receiving, and storage process.
- Identify safe delivery, receiving and storage temperatures.
Sanitation, Cleaning, and Pest Control
- Explain the flow of food during holding and serving.
- Discuss food safety management systems through the implementation of various food safety programs within your operation.
Legal Requirements, HACCP, Inspections, and Emergencies that Affect the Facility
- Determine ways to ensure a facility is safe for foodservice.
- Develop a pest control program suitable for a foodservice operation.
- Differentiate between cleaning and sanitizing within the foodservice operation.
Providing Safe Food
- Describe the benefits of good food safety standards.
- Describe different bacterial contaminants, causes of contamination, and variables affecting bacterial growth.
- Identify the most common food allergens, their associated symptoms, and methods for preventing reactions.
- Differentiate between a foodborne illness and a foodborne disease outbreak.
The Safe Food Handler
- Identify ways in which food handlers can contaminate food.
- Develop a good personal hygiene program.
- Identify hazards in the flow of food.
- Describe how to monitor time and temperature.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.