schcn501 | Graduate
School Counseling: Delivery Of Services
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Responsive Services; Specialized and Complex Problems
- Analyze individual and small-group counseling approaches that promote school success through academic, career, and personal/social development.
- Evaluate approaches to peer facilitation programs.
- Explore interventions that utilize expressive arts as a strategy to resolve personal issues and set goals.
- Explain the role and function of other mental health professionals in schools and in the community.
- Identify approaches to recognize and assist children and adolescents affected by substance abuse, mental, and emotional issues.
- Identify the systems support elements in a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Explain the importance of professional development in the area of comprehensive school counseling.
- Identify strategies for managing personal stress as a school counselor.
Key Components of a Comprehensive School Counseling Program; Delivering Developmental School Counseling Curriculum
- Analyze the components of a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Analyze the processes of designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Identify the roles of various school personnel in a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Describe school counselor competencies that apply to a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Analyze the scope and responsibility of the school counselor in developing a school counseling curriculum.
- Describe the process of planning, developing, and delivering school counseling curriculum in the classroom setting.
Education and Career Planning
- Identify current trends in education and career-planning interventions in schools.
- Identify developmental approaches to assist students and parents at points of educational transition.
- Analyze strategies for building constructive partnerships with stakeholders to promote student success.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.