sci256 | undergraduate
People, Science And The Environment
topic title goes here
Identify treatments and preventative measures for environmental pollution.
- Examine the various types and sources of environmental pollution.
- Determine the effects of environmental pollution on human and ecosystem health.
Analyze the science of climate change and its effects.
Environmental Choices and Policies
- Perform an analysis of an environmental issue.
Describe the effect of lifestyle choice on natural resource sustainability.
- Analyze the role of local, regional, national, or global policies on the environment.
Environmental Science and Human Population
- Describe the historical development of the environmental movement.
- Determine the implications of the changing human population.
- Explain the concept of carrying capacity.
- Explain how individual choices affect natural ecosystems.
Ecosystem Structure, Function, and Change
- Describe the structure and function of ecosystems.
Associate how humans affect the cycling of matter in ecosystems.
- Examine the implication of species interactions on ecosystems.
Natural Resources and Energy
Examine how the human population affects natural resources.
Describe water supply, use, and management.
Describe how agricultural practices impact the environment.
Compare fossil fuels with alternative energy resources.
- Examine sustainable practices for natural resource management and energy use.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.