Paradigms Of Health –
This course provides an overview of the key components of comprehensive wellness. Based on a preventive model, the course will allow learners to explore choices that promote wellness with goals of living longer and better.
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks. This course is available to take individually or as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
The Dimensions of Health
- Explain how the six dimensions of health affect personal health.
- Explain personal choices and habits that promote health.
- Analyze behavior change techniques.
Psychosocial Health and Stress Management
- Describe how the four components of psychosocial health affect personal well-being.
- Analyze stress management techniques.
Physical Fitness and Nutrition
- Identify lifestyle practices that contribute to healthy weight.
- Explain health risks associated with obesity.
- Describe the relationship between nutrition and health.
- Analyze components of a sound fitness program.
- Describe common cardiovascular disorders.
- Compare methods of cancer detection and treatment.
- Describe specific actions to reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
- Describe measures to prevent infection and strengthen the immune system.
Global Healthcare Issues
- Determine how environmental issues impact global health.
- Describe issues facing today's healthcare system.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.