sci151 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Introduction to the Science of Astronomy
- Describe the universe from Earthâs perspective.
- Describe the development of the science of astronomy.
- Explain the physical laws that govern the universe.
The Solar System
- Describe the celestial bodies in our solar system.
- Explain how solar systems form.
- Compare our solar system model to newly discovered exoplanetary systems.
- Describe the importance of light to astronomers.
- Explain how telescopes enhance our vision of the universe using all frequencies of light.
- Explain the nature and properties of the sun and stars.
- Summarize the lifecycles of stars.
The Large-Scale Universe
- Describe the structure of the Milky Way galaxy.
- Describe the foundation of modern cosmology.
- Explain the Big Bang model.
- Identify the importance of dark matter and dark energy.
Life in the Universe
- Explain the emergence and evolution of life on Earth.
- Assess the possibilities of extraterrestrial life in the universe.
Please ask about these special rates:
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.