sec100 | undergraduate
Introduction To Security Management
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Security Personnel Management
- Identify standards for the training and certification of security personnel.
- Describe procedures for recruitment and selection of personnel.
- Identify skills for promoting and disciplining employees.
- Explain theories for motivation and employee morale.
- Define the role of the security director, supervisor, and employee.
Best Practices, Security Assessments, & Investigations
- Identify the security measures aimed at protection of assets within a physical structure.
- Explain the significance of having security involved in building design and remodeling.
- Describe the steps involved in an effective risk management program.
- Identify the goals and components of a security assessment.
- Describe the common elements of the investigative process.
Security Threats & Business Continuity
- Describe behaviors that may lead to workplace violence.
- Identify risk-management strategies that mitigate specific security threats.
- Describe methods for protecting computer information systems.
- Explain the role of contingency planning in emergency response, crisis management, and business recovery.
History & Overview of the Security Discipline
- Describe the historical development of security in America.
- Explain the theoretical foundation for security.
- Identify various services offered by private security operations.
- Describe the role of security within an organization.
- Identify the potential career paths in the security field.
Stakeholder Relations & Security of the Future
- Identify the different types of communication and listening.
- Describe the components of effective security awareness and employee involvement programs.
- Explain the relationship private security has with law enforcement, industry, and the community.
- Discuss emerging challenges, opportunities, and technologies within the security profession.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.