sec120 | undergraduate
Corporate Security Essentials
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Role of the Chief Security Officer (CSO)
- Explain the Chief Security Officer’s (CSO) role in relation to organizational missions and goals.
- Identify the components of effective corporate security management.
- Describe the evolution of the Chief Security Officer (CSO).
Role of Corporate Security
- Explain the essential functions of corporate security programs.
- Describe the differences between privatized corporate security and local law enforcement.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of contract security versus propriety security in a corporate setting.
- Describe the legal aspects of corporate security in organizations.
Risk and Vulnerability Assessments
- Identify the principles of risk management and loss prevention in the corporate environment.
- Describe the concept of crime prevention through safety, security assessment, and environmental control.
- Explain the importance of ongoing assessments and evolving security measures.
- Describe the value of threat and vulnerability assessments.
Proprietary Information and Information Systems
- Describe the potential consequences of failing to adequately protect intellectual business assets.
- Describe the components of effective personnel and information security systems.
- Explain how corporate business requirements affect system requirements, usage, and threats.
Emergency Preparedness, Crisis Management, and Business Continuity
- Explain the importance of emergency preparedness and emergency response plans.
- Compare potential emergency response needs to various emergency situations and critical incidents.
- Describe the components of effective business continuity plans.
- Describe the level of planning necessary between private security and public resources for proper emergency response.
- Explain post incident evaluation and the steps taken to refine security plans.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.