sec310 | undergraduate
Introduction To Organizational Security And Management
topic title goes here
Security Specializations and Programs
- Identify government security responsibilities, particularly in relation to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Compare asset protection priorities for commercial and government organizations.
- Identify security specializations and programs associated with public and private sector organizations.
- Evaluate the impact of international security issues on business global interests.
Security Management in Organizations
- Describe the legal aspects of security management in organizations.
- Explain the essential functions of security programs with respect to business and governmental operations.
- Describe the differences between privatized security and local law enforcement.
- Assess the consequences of failing to adequately protect business assets.
Overview of Business and Security Issues
- Identify the principles of risk management and loss prevention.
- Evaluate the security needs of an organization, both internal security and local law enforcement.
- Describe the value of threat and vulnerability assessments.
- Describe the management techniques associated with risk reduction and mitigation.
Security Role for Managers
- Explain the security manager's role in relation to organizational missions and goals.
- Explain the role of security as part of the daily functions of business management.
- Analyze how security management is integral to protecting the physical environment and personnel.
- Compare business intelligence and counterespionage.
- Compare the differences between private and public investigations of criminal activity.
- Describe the constitutional and legal restrictions of security as compared to those of public law enforcement.
- Describe information and technology security threats in business and government environments.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.