sec451 | undergraduate
Global Security Issues
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Geopolitical Influences on Globalization
- Define globalization.
- Describe geopolitical influences on global security policy.
- Compare differences between state and non-state actors.
Influence of Social Unrest on Global Security
- Explain the balance between human rights and social unrest.
- Compare the linkages of social unrest in facilitating extremist and terrorism ideologies.
- Determine the security considerations affecting humanitarian programs.
International Crime and International Police Organizations
- Explain the influence of international crime on global stability.
- Explain the influence of weapons proliferation on global security.
- Compare the role of public security organizations to private security organizations in a global setting.
Economic and Environmental Influences on Global Security
- Explain the security ramifications and influence of economic disparity and global trading systems.
- Compare the link between national security and natural resources.
- Determine whether environmental policy influences international security.
Emergent Trends in Global Security
- Identify emergent global themes affecting security.
- Compare the effect of globalization on the security apparatus.
- Explain the influence of globalization on domestic security policy.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.