sec460 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
After-Action Review of Terrorist Events
- Analyze the issues and complexities of recent terrorist attacks and attempted attacks.
- Analyze the human and economic effect of the Oklahoma City Bombing.
- Conduct a comprehensive analysis of the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, identifying the participants, preparations, funding sources, objectives, and short- and long-term human and economic effects of the terrorist act.
- Evaluate the vulnerabilities exploited in recent terrorist attempts and the countermeasures for overcoming these security shortcomings.
Defining Domestic and International Terrorism
- Define terrorism and identify the complex issues associated with a single definition.
- Examine the complexities of issues associated with media coverage of terrorism.
- Evaluate individual and collective fear and other psychological factors associated with terrorism.
- Identify distinguishing factors that differentiate domestic and international terrorism.
- Define the purposes and objectives of domestic and international terrorism.
- Identify existing domestic and international terrorist organizations.
- Describe the methodologies of domestic and international terrorism.
Profile of Terrorism
- Identify the cultural factors that contribute to terrorist mentality.
- Evaluate the socioeconomic implications that may contribute to terrorism.
- Examine fascism, racism, totalitarianism, radicalism, and the influence of political ideologies on the mentality of terrorists.
- Examine the religious concepts used to justify terrorism.
- Discuss the familial environment and indoctrination of terrorist groups.
- Explain terrorism recruitment methods and the complexities of antiterrorism.
Threats to National and International Interests
- Evaluate the current threat of terrorism against public and private U.S. organizations.
- Analyze the risk associated with the threat of terrorism in relation to other threats.
- Analyze the effects of weapons of mass destruction.
- Explore issues related to the acquisition and deployment of weapons.
- Evaluate the hazards associated with biological and chemical weapons.
- Evaluate terrorist target objectives.
- Identify and examine other forms of terrorism.
Counterterrorism in Organizational Security and Management
- Identify the international networks and global reach of terrorism.
- Assess the economic effect terrorism has had on the global economy.
- Evaluate the need for communication and cooperation with public agencies.
- Compare and contrast the benefits and limitations of privatizing elements of counterterrorism.
- Consider legal issues associated with counterterrorism.
- Discuss issues associated with protecting the global operations of international corporations.
- Review current methods of counterterrorism for organizational security and management.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.