sec461 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Profile of Terrorism
- Describe fascism, racism, totalitarianism, radicalism, and the influence of political ideologies on the mentality of terrorists.
- Summarize the religious concepts used to justify terrorism.
- Identify the cultural factors that contribute to terrorist mentality.
- Evaluate the socioeconomic implications that may contribute to terrorism.
- Summarize the familial environment and indoctrination of terrorist groups.
- Explain terrorism recruitment methods and the complexities of antiterrorism.
Threats to National and International Interest
- Assess the current threat of terrorism against US public and private organizations.
- Analyze the risk associated with the threat of terrorism in relation to other threats.
- Analyze the effects of weapons of mass destruction.
- Identify issues related to the acquisition and deployment of weapons
- Evaluate terrorist target objectives.
- Critique other forms of terrorism to include cyber terrorism.
Counterterrorism in Organizational Security and Management
- Identify the counterterrorism efforts carried out by local, state, federal, and international partners.
- Justify the need for communication between public and private organizations.
- Compare and contrast the benefits and limitations of privatizing elements of counterterrorism.
- Analyze the current methods of counterterrorism for organizational security and management.
- Critique legal issues associated with counterterrorism.
After-Action Review of Terrorist Events
- Analyze the 9/11 terrorist attacks by identifying participants, preparations, objectives, and impact.
- Evaluate the emerging trend of homegrown terrorism.
- Analyze the issues and complexities of recent terrorist attacks and attempted attacks.
- Assess the vulnerabilities exploited in recent terrorist attempts and the countermeasures for overcoming these security shortcoming.
Fundamentals of Domestic and International Terrorism
- Describe terrorism and the complex issues associated with a single definition.
- Identify distinguishing factors that differentiate domestic and international terrorism.
- Explain the purposes and objectives of domestic and international terrorism.
- Identify existing domestic and international terrorist organizations.
- Describe the methodologies of domestic and international terrorism.
- Assess issues associated with media coverage of terrorism.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.