sec471 | undergraduate
Critical Incident Management
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Fundamentals of Critical Incident Management
- Identify distinguishing factors that differentiate routine incidents from critical incidents.
- Describe the different types of critical incidents such as violent crime, natural disasters and acts of terrorism.
- Compare examples of critical incidents and the associated causes.
- Analyze the positive and negative outcomes of critical incident responses.
Preparedness, Prevention, Response and Recovery
- Examine methods to prevent a critical incident and distinguish between mitigating techniques.
- Describe the process of recovering from a critical incident.
- Identify challenges associated with a critical incident response.
- Identify the phases of critical incident management.
- Evaluate the steps involved with planning and preparing for a critical incident.
Response Strategies and Execution
- Evaluate the effectiveness of command structure, resource deployment, and logistics.
- Assess interagency communication issues at the private, local, state and federal levels.
- Explain the chaos factor and the role of the media in critical incident management.
- Evaluate the relevance and uses of an after-action report.
Governing Documents and Authority
- Summarize the National Incident Management System.
- Analyze the Incident Command System and the various roles and responsibilities.
- Examine the National Response Framework.
- Evaluate the National Infrastructure Protection Plan and the expectations imposed on the private sector.
- Evaluate the National Incident Management System compliance for state and local incident response plans.
Agencies Involved with Critical Incident Management
- Identify the federal agencies involved with critical incident management and their associated role.
- Describe the role of state agencies involved with critical incident management.
- Identify the role of local agencies involved with critical incident management.
- Describe the role of private agencies involved with critical incident management.
- Explain the benefits and challenges associated with interagency critical incident management.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.