sec508ca | Graduate
Models, Theories And Strategies For Secondary Education
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Compare the strengths and weaknesses among assessment types.
- Create instructionally sound assessments.
- Design a rubric to identify criteria for evaluating an assignment.
- Compare and contrast the effectiveness of various instructional strategies.
- Demonstrate how to use various instructional strategies to promote student-centered learning.
- Integrate graphic organizers and concept mapping to promote lesson planning and instruction.
- Describe how students’ critical thinking can be promoted through effective objectives, questioning, and activities.
- Describe methods of differentiating instruction to meet the needs of culturally and academically diverse students.
- Explain how Response to Intervention supports student learning.
- Design a lesson plan.
Evaluation and Reflection
- Describe how assessments and evaluation of student learning can be used in lesson planning.
- Describe the importance of self-reflection for lesson planning.
- Critique lesson plans.
- Evaluate your personal disposition toward the teaching profession.
Promoting Student Learning and Development
- Develop classroom management strategies to positively affect lesson delivery and student learning.
- Explain the effect of school, family, and community relationships on teaching and learning.
- Describe how addressing student diversity in lesson planning can promote student learning.
- Explain the role of standards in planning and instruction.
- Determine the information needed to make instructional decisions.
- Describe the components of a lesson plan.
- Compare and contrast different approaches to lesson planning.
Learning Goals and Objectives
- Differentiate between goals and objectives.
- Relate Bloom’s Taxonomy to writing goals and objectives.
- Write developmentally appropriate objectives.
- Explain how a lesson plan objective relates to instruction.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.