soc100 | undergraduate
Introduction To Sociology
topic title goes here
Science of Sociology
- Compare major research designs.
- Explain ethical issues in sociological research.
- Apply the steps of the scientific method.
Sociology and Social Groups
- Distinguish between sociological perspectives.
- Identify components of social groups and organizations.
- Discuss the social construction of reality.
- Develop a sociological imagination.
Socialization and Deviance
- Describe the role of online social networks as a new agent of socialization.
- Identify the roles of traditional agents of socialization.
- Define theories of self.
- Describe life course changes.
- Define theories of deviance.
- Describe theories of social change.
- Identify global political, economic, cultural, structural, ecological, demographic, and technological influences on social change and social issues.
- Explain resistance to social change.
Social Stratification and Inequality
- Discuss social inequality or social class themes.
- Compare and contrast sociological perspectives on social inequality in the United States.
- Explain the global influence of neocolonialism, globalization, and multinational corporations.
- Explain the feminization of poverty.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.