soc110 | undergraduate
Teamwork, Collaboration, And Conflict Resolution
topic title goes here
Membership and Teambuilding Strategies
- Analyze the task and maintenance roles of individual team members.
- Examine how self-centered roles in team members negatively affect teambuilding and teamwork.
- Assess ways teams can balance member diversity within the team to create a collaborative climate.
- Plan a team meeting using an effective agenda.
Leadership and Conflict Resolution and Cohesion
- Explain how leadership can contribute to conflict resolution and cohesion in team environments.
- Differentiate between constructive and destructive conflict in teams.
- Analyze the motivations of individual team members as they apply to learning and workplace teams.
- Determine strategies for promoting group cohesion.
- Examine leadership theories and their affect on team processes.
Problem Solving in Teams
- Discuss verbal and nonverbal communication in the team setting.
- Evaluate strategies for improving listening skills in the team setting.
- Complete a problem-solving method.
- Identify barriers to creativity in individuals and teams.
Critical Thinking and Effective Argumentation in Teams
- Appraise the importance of ethics in argumentation.
- Discuss the relevance of critical thinking to argumentation in teams.
- Present an argument using the four-step process for presenting arguments.
- Analyze presentation aids using the guidelines for presentation aids.
Teams in the 21st Century
- Discuss the essential components of team communication.
- Examine the advantages and disadvantages of working in teams in the 21st Century.
- Describe the stages of team development.
- Contrast the effectiveness of face-to-face and virtual teams.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.