span520 | Graduate
Spanish For Educators, Basic
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Basic Spanish Skills; Grammar; Hispanic Culture
- Apply rules of gender and number to nouns and articles.
- Employ formal and informal pronouns appropriately.
- Introduce and describe yourself and others using ser + adjective.
- Express emotion and location using appropriate verbs.
- Apply rules for regular -ar, -er, and -ir verbs to describe activity in the present tense.
- Utilize idiomatic expressions with tener in the present tense.
- Compare Hispanic culture with other cultures.
- Apply vocabulary and phrases related to student information, telling time, and cardinal numbers.
Classroom and School Environment; Grammar; Hispanic Culture
- Communicate terms and phrases related to student needs, wants, desires, and hopes.
- Describe key school locations and roles of personnel within the school using prepositions.
- Employ basic vocabulary and phrases related to common classroom procedures, classroom behaviors, and health issues.
- Describe activities happening in the present and activities that will happen in the future.
- Apply rules for -ar, -er, and -ir verbs to describe activity in the present progressive tense and the immediate future tense.
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of ser and estar.
- Employ irregular verbs and stem changing verbs in present tense.
Student Praise and Encouragement; Grammar; Hispanic Culture
- Employ phrases related to student encouragement and praise.
- Use the contraction acabar de + infinitive to describe the completion of tasks by students.
- Use direct object pronouns in various constructions.
- Apply rules for -ar, -er, and -ir verbs to describe activity in the past tense.
- Explore strategies to acclimate English language learners into the classroom setting.
Communication With School Personnel and Parents; Grammar; Hispanic Culture
- Employ basic vocabulary and phrases related to school personnel.
- Use words and expressions to communicate concern.
- Apply common words and phrases related to student grades and parent conferences.
- Demonstrate the use of indirect object pronouns with verbs of communication.
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of the past participle verb form.
- Compare different cultural views on parental involvement in education.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.