steam506 | Graduate
Steam Education: Curriculum And Instruction
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Creating Varied Assessments for a STEAM Classroom
- Design a rubric to evaluate STEAM outcomes aligned to STEAM standards.
- Compare various types of formative and summative assessments.
- Outline a checklist assessment aligned to metacognitive conversations.
- Produce a formative, project-based assessment aligned to STEAM standards.
Focusing on Technology and Arts
- Summarize the difference between fully integrated arts and an arts activity.
- Define arts within the STEAM frame of reference.
- Research technology tool possibilities for use in a STEAM setting.
- Integrate authentic technology resources.
- Evaluate digital tools that meet the diverse needs of learners.
- Identify digital tools that can be integrated into project-based and inquiry-based learning.
STEAM Educational Philosophy and Best Practices
- Define STEAM education and why it is important in the 21st century.
- Describe the STEAM philosophy and framework.
- Compare a STEAM environment to traditional learning environments.
- Connect STEAM national and state standards to STEAM philosophy.
- Evaluate best practices for STEAM education.
- Discuss the role of teachers and students in a STEAM classroom environment.
- Justify use of inquiry-based learning for STEAM integration.
- Construct a framework for metacognitive conversations creating conceptual change.
Applying STEAM-Infused Project-Based Learning With Differentiation
- Identify real-world, relevant, and authentic learning.
- Incorporate specific strategies into a STEAM-infused project-based learning (PBL) classroom.
- Organize a STEAM-infused project-based learning (PBL) unit idea using the backward design model.
- Describe how you would incorporate entry events, driving questions, and differentiated projects in a STEAM-infused project-based learning classroom.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.