steam507 | Graduate
Steam Education: Assessment Strategies
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Rubrics, Checklists, and Other Assessment Tools
- Analyze how rubrics, checklists, and other assessment tools can be used for both formative and summative assessment in integrated, standards-based STEAM education.
- Create an integrated, standards-based STEAM rubric, checklist, or other assessment tool for an overarching topic in your current setting.
- Evaluate the differences between rubrics, checklists, and other assessments tools in integrated, standards-based STEAM education.
Standards-Based Assessment, Integrated STEAM Education, and Learning Trajectories
- Explain the importance of correlating standards-based assessment with integrated STEAM education.
- Analyze STEAM standards that could be integrated and assessed in a classroom setting.
- Examine a unit of study in your current setting that could benefit from integrated STEAM education and assessment.
- Identify measurable learning outcomes for an integrated STEAM unit, based on a learning trajectory.
Types of STEAM Assessments for Processes, Products, and Performances
- Distinguish between processes, products, and performances in STEAM education.
- Identify multiple assessment options for processes, products, and performances.
- Analyze how varied assessments can be used to triangulate data in STEAM education.
- Compare elements of various types of assessments including purpose, rationale for use, and correlation with process, product, and performance.
STEAM Formative and Summative Assessments
- Define formative assessment for a STEAM classroom.
- Discuss varied formative assessments specific to ongoing STEAM learning outcomes.
- Describe how formative assessments aid in integration of STEAM.
- Construct an integrated, standards-based STEAM formative assessment for an overarching topic in your current setting.
- Explain the importance of developing a positive climate for classroom assessment.
- Identify the differences between summative assessments and other types of assessments in integrated, standards-based STEAM education.
- Describe how summative assessments aid in the integration of STEAM.
- Create an integrated, standards-based STEAM summative assessment for an overarching topic in your current setting.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.