tch502 | Graduate
Teaching Methods: Elementary Language Arts
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Teaching and Learning Language Arts; Listening and Speaking in the Classroom
- Differentiate among aesthetic, efferent, and critical listening.
- Explain the purpose of effective speaking.
- Analyze the use of oral language as a learning tool.
- Apply strategies on using speech and listening as a learning tool in the classroom.
- Analyze the implications of language learning and culture.
- Determine appropriate strategies and best practices for teaching language arts.
- Analyze the influence of instructional approaches for integrating language arts.
- Identify technology resources as tools for teaching language arts.
- Identify methods used to adapt effective listening techniques.
Teaching Reading Fundamentals
- Describe strategies to foster students’ interest in literacy.
- Integrate aesthetic and efferent reading across the curriculum.
- Apply the fundamentals of the reading process to teaching reading.
- Examine strategies for building students’ vocabulary.
Teaching Writing Fundamentals
- Demonstrate how to teach the writing process.
- Examine strategies for teaching the traits of effective writing.
- Analyze the connection between reading and writing.
Assessing Language Arts
- Compare assessment tools in language arts.
- Develop differentiated instruction in language arts.
- Evaluate methods of monitoring students’ progress in language arts.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.