tch520 | Graduate
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Understanding Your Classroom
- Describe the basic teaching functions and key qualities of effective teachers.
- Examine your stateâs professional teaching standards and the purposes they serve.
- Formulate a plan to use reflection for the purpose of enhancing teacher decision making.
- Determine multiple ways in which diversity is exhibited in students and how differentiated instruction can be used to meet all studentsâ needs.
- Recognize the need to collaborate with colleagues and interact with families.
Planning Your Instruction
- Identify the reasons for instructional planning.
- Determine curriculum considerations and resources needed for instructional planning.
- Explain the need for goals, standards, and objectives when planning a lesson or unit of instruction.
- Apply the principles of effective lesson planning and unit planning.
Selecting Instructional Strategies
- Differentiate between teacher-centered and student-centered instructional strategies.
- Differentiate the differences between direct and indirect instructional approaches.
- Analyze questioning techniques that enhance student performance.
- Design a lesson in which students work cooperatively and collaborate in small groups.
- Identify strategies that promote student engagement.
Assessing and Reporting Student Performance
- Describe the role that assessment plays in data-driven decision making.
- Distinguish the purposes and procedures for pre-assessment, formative assessment, and summative assessment.
- Discuss ways to conduct performance-based assessment.
- Examine the process of evaluating and reporting student performance and progress.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.