tch533 | Graduate
Teaching Methods: Mathematics Assessment
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Mathematics Standards and Assessment Tools
- Select appropriate assessment tools for Common Core State Standards and mathematical practice.
- Explain how to use National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) assessment standards.
- Describe the relationship between National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) standards and Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
- Explain how changing expectations in mathematics instruction and assessment affects classroom practice as students are prepared for 21st century success.
- Evaluate individual and group assessment types.
- Discuss the use of rubrics in assessment.
Developing and Managing Mathematics Assessment Tools
- Create an assessment menu.
- Create an assessment management plan to monitor student progress and provide specific, ongoing feedback.
- Differentiate between formative and summative assessments.
- Explain why problem-solving is integral to mathematics instruction and assessment.
Implementing Mathematics Assessment Tools
- Develop a plan to implement assessments for a diverse classroom.
- Explain the characteristics of assessment tools that can be used to accommodate student diversity.
- Evaluate the implementation of student assessments.
Evaluating Mathematics Assessment Results
- Determine studentsâ point of view on assessments.
- Evaluate the assessment practices of your classroom and school.
- Develop a three phase lesson plan (before, during, and after) that differentiates instruction based on assessment results.
- Examine guidelines for evaluating technological tools that can be used in mathematics instruction and assessment.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.