Multimedia For Educators –
This course is designed to prepare participants with basic computer skills to design and integrate multimedia that enhances student engagement and learning. Multimedia presentation software, still images, video, and fair use guidelines are explored. Participants also evaluate delivery methods to promote a student-centered learning environment.
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
Multimedia as a Learning Tool
- Describe how multimedia enhances student-centered learning.
- Explain multimedia fair use guidelines.
- Integrate text into multimedia to enhance learning
Components of Multimedia for Learning
- Integrate images into multimedia to enhance learning.
- Integrate sound into multimedia to enhance learning.
- Integrate video into multimedia to enhance learning.
- Integrate animation into multimedia to enhance learning.
- Design multimedia storyboards.
- Evaluate multimedia delivery methods.
Design and Produce Multimedia for Learning
- Identify the scope of a multimedia project.
- Determine the steps for designing a multimedia project.
- Identify the roles of a multimedia design team.
- Design a multimedia project.
- Produce a multimedia project.
- Integrate a multimedia project into a student-centered unit.
- All objectives apply.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Although these courses are accepted by some state agencies in the United States toward teacher certifications and endorsements, this may not be the case in all states or foreign jurisdictions. If you plan to use this course for certification or endorsement, please check with your own state agency and your school district for applicability. Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student's choice. Continuing teacher education courses that are not part of a degree program are not intended to apply to degree programs at University of Phoenix.