tech519 | Graduate
Using Social Media In The Classroom
This graduate-level course is 3 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Social Media in Education
- Examine how social media has grown and affected education since its inception.
- Describe benefits and challenges of social media use for students and educators.
- Identify characteristics of the digital generation.
- Determine characteristics or considerations for effective social media use in learning.
- Describe ways to implement the ISTE National Educational Technology Standards (NETS), Common Core, and standards-based instruction with social media tools.
- Explore and compare social media tools for authentic integration.
- Describe social media tools used in Kâ12 education.
Implementing Social Media in the Classroom
- Determine acceptable use guidelines for social media use in education.
- Evaluate social media for use in educational settings.
- Outline implementation and training considerations for integration of social media.
Legal and Ethical Issues Regarding Social Media Use in Schools
- Examine school issues such as cyberbullying, plagiarism, and cheating that are escalated as a result of student social media use.
- Create instructional opportunities to teach students responsible social media use.
- Determine the role of schools in monitoring studentsâ and teachersâ social media use.
- Research current laws and litigation related to social media use in schools.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.