tpa002 | Graduate
This graduate-level course is 3 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Reflection on Connecting Instructional Planning to Student Characteristics
- Describe the need for reflection in developing as a professional educator.
- Examine the results of the instructional planning and adaptation.
- Determine improvement in planning skills.
- Differentiate appropriate student activities for the whole class and for special needs students.
- Examine the Teaching Performance Assessment Key Score Level Criteria.
- Evaluate Teacher Performance Assessment Designing Instruction: Connecting Instructional Planning to Student Characteristics for Academic Learning.
- Establish High Quality Responses.
Learning About Two Focus Students
- Examine how student characteristics influence instructional planning.
- Identify the characteristics of an English learner.
- Identify the characteristics of students with instructional challenges.
Planning for Academic Instruction for the Whole Class
- Identify appropriate academic content standards.
- Describe instructional strategies.
- Evaluate appropriate lesson plans.
- Explain rationale for instructional planning for whole class.
Lesson Adaptations for Focus Students
- Explain differentiated instruction.
- Outline various methods of lesson adaptation to student needs.
- Determine adaptations of whole class instruction to meet the needs of focus students.
Overview of California Teaching Performance Assessment (CalTPA)
- Demonstrate how the Teaching Performance Assessment, Designing Instruction, measures the Teaching Performance Expectations 1, 4, 6-9, & 13.
Describe the history of CalTPA.
- Examine assessment techniques.
CalTPA Polices and Procedures for University of Phoenix
- Identify CalTPA Procedures.
- Review University of PhoenixTeaching Performance Assessment Code of Honor.
- Review University of Phoenix Passing Score and Remediation Plan.
Academic Content Selection and Learning About Students
- Identify the content area, subject matter selection, and unit goals.
- Describe student characteristics of the whole class.
- Analyze how to use student information to plan instruction.
Please ask about these special rates:
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.