Image Editing –
This course is an introduction to image editing and its role in the disciplines of web design, electronic publishing and multimedia development. An overview is presented on file formats, composition, color, text design, retouching and manipulation of graphic and photographic images.
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks. This course is available to take individually or as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
Introduction to Image Editing
- Explain Adobe® Photoshop® basics.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of visual designs.
- Explain legal issues related to image editing.
Image Manipulation, Optimization, and Layers
- Apply image manipulation techniques.
- Optimize images for effective presentation.
- Apply layers to images.
Selection Tools and Design for Mobile and Print
- Use selection tools to isolate areas of images for manipulation.
- Apply proper design techniques for print, mobile, and web-based media.
- Add text information to images.
- Apply adjustment layers to images.
- Apply layer styles to images.
- Apply filters to images.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.