Web Design Fundamentals –
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks. This course is available to take individually or as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
Introduction to Extensible Hypertext Markup Language (XHTML)
- Identify basic XHTML tags and attributes.
- Explain viewing and testing markup code in various web browsers.
- Describe how user characteristics and the website purpose influence website design.
- Apply design elements effectively.
- Develop accurate and functional markup code.
- Distinguish the development environment from a production environment.
- Validate an XHTML page using W3C web standards.
- Organize files effectively.
- Design effective navigation.
- Create internal, external and anchor hyperlinks in a website.
- Integrate multimedia files into a web page.
- Create styles for a website using cascading style sheets.
Website Troubleshooting, Testing, Publication & Maintenance
- Analyze the usability of a website.
- Explain how metadata can promote a website.
- Describe the steps in the website publication process.
- Identify the steps involved in maintaining and redesigning a website.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.