This course extends Web programming to include XML. An emphasis is placed upon the appropriate use of XML as a programming tool.
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks. This course is available to take individually or as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
- Describe the interaction between CSS, XHTML, XSLT, and XML.
- Create a well-formed XML document.
- Create an XML document compliant with a given schema.
- Create an XSLT template.
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Design Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
- Apply Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to an existing XML document.
- Create a data-driven XML website.
- Identify XML publishing issues.
- Describe XML’s role in Web 2.0.
- Create an XML RSS feed.
- Identify opportunities to maintain current knowledge of web development.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.