Advanced Web Development – web407 (3 credits)
This course focuses on existing and emerging web development technologies. Topics include specialized web markup languages, server-side backend databases, server-side programming, web services, enterprise web development, and web applications.
Bringing Advanced Techniques Together
- Create a consistent layout using advanced website design techniques and meeting basic website creation guidelines and requirements (W3C, SEO, etc.).
- Discover HTML5.
- Describe the page life cycle and the importance of applying cookies.
- Justify Database type/use.
- Discover methods of using databases for application security.
- Model and create databases to fit project requirements.
- Discover cloud based data storage.
Web Services and XML
- Explain the importance of data security.
- Explain the role of web services.
- Discover XML.
- Create a simple web service.
- Apply server-side code through .NET.
- Extract information from a database for a web application.
- Manipulate Data on Client side and submit back to server.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.