xcom285 | undergraduate
Essentials Of Managerial Communication
topic title goes here
Business Communication Concepts
- Explain the audience’s impact on communication.
- Analyze the characteristics of effective messages.
- Identify various message types.
Reports and Presentations
- Create a written report.
- Identify skills needed to deliver effective oral presentations.
- Apply business presentation techniques to create Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides.
- Identify various electronic and virtual communications.
- Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of using technology for communication.
- Identify strategies to increase positive cross cultural communication.
Understanding the Writing Process
- Compare and contrast business and academic writing.
- Describe the steps in various business writing.
- Create documents in various business formats.
- Apply appropriate e-mail etiquette.
- Create documents to deliver difficult messages.
Interpersonal and Group Communication
- Identify ways to foster positive group communication.
- Compare and contrast individual and group communication.
Laws and Ethics in Communication
- Analyze workplace communication policies regarding privacy and ethics.
- Identify laws relating to employees and communication privacy.
Improving Writing Skills
- Apply techniques used to improve various business writing.
Business Communication Overview
- Describe the managerial functions of communication.
- Identify trends in business communication.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.