Reclaim your life with these time-management apps
You juggle it all: work, school, family, life. Now, technology can help keep you on schedule. These seven time-management apps can help maintain the proper work-life balance a busy person needs to feel organized again.
1. Cozi Family Organizer SM (iPhone®, iPad®, Android™; $0.00) Stay connected with this family-centric calendar that allows each member to share info and add tasks to a calendar, as well as contribute to shopping lists, to-do lists and the family journal. It sends the entire family reminder alerts so Billy isn’t late for soccer and Sally isn’t stranded after dance.
2. EverNote® (iPhone, iPad, Android; $0.00) Too busy to live in the moment? Snap a photo or jot a note, and quickly share your info with others. Professionals love it because they scan important documents and schedule travel itineraries; students love it because they can use it to take class notes and share group projects.
3. EverStudent (Android; $0.00) This student planner app works in conjunction with EverNote and allows you to manage class assignments, schedules and instructor information with color-coded ease.
4. Remember the Milk® (iPhone, iPad, Android; $0.00) Considered by reviewers as the “Swiss Army® knife of to-do list management,” this app allows users to organize and prioritize tasks through to-do lists, notes, calendars and even the geographical proximity between errands. Abundant features allow users to segment tasks into lists, such as personal, study, work, kids, etc. For the forgetful, Remember the Milk alerts you of upcoming tasks through emails.
5. Bento™ (iPhone, iPad; $4.99) This is the most popular personal database app out there. Created by FileMaker, users not only glean the advantage of calendars and other task-organizing features similar to OmniFocus and Remember the Milk, but also the abilities to organize their contacts with detailed information about upcoming calendar events or tasks associated with that person.
Worth the Price? Bento’s pre-built templates and color customization makes this app seem less cumbersome than others.
6. OmniFocus® (iPhone; $19.99; iPad, $39.99) Another top task-management app, this 2010 inductee into the App Store Essentials’ iPhone Hall of Fame organizes your every project, from baking birthday cupcakes to developing your company’s next pricing matrix. The allure is in the features, which allow you to sync with your Mac, sort tasks by type (i.e. phone calls), and integrate your calendars.
Worth the Price? OmniFocus distinguishes itself due its sophisticated features, but primarily users splurge because it pioneers the concept of categorizing tasks by context, such as phone calls and computer-based assignments.
7. LogMeInIgnition® (iPhone, iPad, Android; $29.99) A bit on the expensive side, this fellow Apple Hall of Famer works great for the busy professional. This file-sharing app saves the day when you finally get home to spend the weekend with family and — doh! — forgot that important document on your work computer.
Worth the Price? Most reviewers rave about how they save time and fuel costs from having to return to home or office for files.
Remember the Milk is a registered trademark of Remember the Milk.
Swiss Army is a registered trademark of Victorinox AG.
OmniFocus is a registered trademark of Omni Development Inc.
Cozi is a registered service mark of Cozi Group Inc.
Bento is a trademark of FileMaker Inc.
LogMeIn Ignition is a registered trademark of LogMeIn Inc.
EverNote is a registered trademark of EverNote Corporation.
iPhone and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.