Twenty-eight University of Phoenix Alumni Nominate Recipients for Full-Tuition ScholarshipsBy : UOPX News | May 8, 2012
Alumni Present Paying it Forward® Scholarships to Friends, Family and Colleagues
Phoenix, AZ. (May 8, 2012). The old adage 'one good deed leads to another' has never been truer for 28 future University of Phoenix graduates. University of Phoenix alumni nominated friends, family and colleagues for the University's 2012 Paying it Forward® Scholarship. Founded on the belief that everyone deserves access to a quality education, University of Phoenix created the Paying it Forward® Scholarship in 2006 to celebrate its 30th anniversary. Each year, University of Phoenix alumni have the opportunity to "pay forward" their education and nominate an individual of their choice to receive the scholarship. Through this program, 28 recipients will receive a full-tuition scholarship to complete an undergraduate degree of their choice.
The Paying it Forward® Scholarship has been awarded to:
- Alex Lopez – Pinellas Park, FL
- Angela Kearns – Masury, OH
- Anthony Kessler – Walnut Creek, CA
- Brandi Browning – Louisville, KY
- Brian Franshaw – Pearland, TX
- Catrina Larsen – Lebanon, OR
- Charlene Henderson – Norfolk, VA
- Charles Butler – Dallas, GA
- Charles Jeter – Chula Vista, CA
- Christie Collins-Bauer – Nampa, ID
- Colleen McMillen – Monroe, NC
- Danielle Law – Wendeel, ID
- Darin Adams – Enoch, UT
- Gregory Hampton – Houston, TX
- James Liermann – Amelia, NE
- Jason Lewis – New Orleans, LA
- Jeni McCullough – Colorado Springs, CO
- Jina Williams – Durham, NC
- Kara Manor – Colorado Springs, CO
- Karen Widlowski – Alpharetta, GA
- Kimberly Lane Class – Meadowlands, MN
- Lyron Woodard – Lakeridge, VA
- Marilyn Mendez – Chula Vista, CA
- Mark Phillips – Douglasville, GA
- Matthew Fenton – Greeley, CO
- Rachel Phillips – Petaluma, CA
- Rick Riazzo – Thousand Oaks, CA
- Vaughn Burrows – Pembroke, Bermuda
"We are proud to add these 28 individuals to our growing list of Paying it Forward® Scholarship recipients," said Nikki Sandoval, University of Phoenix executive director of Alumni Relations. "I personally look forward to awarding this scholarship each year because all of these recipients have inspiring stories. It is exciting to watch the paying it forward concept put into motion and the good that comes out of this program."
The Paying it Forward® Scholarship nomination opportunity was open to University of Phoenix alumni who have completed a bachelor's, master's or doctoral degree. Recipients may choose to attend any of University of Phoenix's more than 100 locations nationwide or attend online, and pursue an undergraduate degree of their choice. Recipients were selected for their personal reflection and educational goals. A total of 178 Paying it Forward® Scholarships have been awarded since 2006.
Learn more about University of Phoenix scholarships.
ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX
University of Phoenix is constantly innovating to help students balance education and life in a rapidly changing world. Flexible schedules, challenging courses and interactive learning can help students pursue personal and career aspirations without putting their lives on hold. University of Phoenix serves a diverse student population, offering associate, bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs from campuses and learning centers across the U.S. as well as online throughout the world. For more information, visit phoenix.edu.
Name: Alanna Vitucci
University of Phoenix Public Relations