- Continuing Education
- General electives courses
General electives courses
When the undergraduate General Education courses you need aren't available at your current school, or they don't fit your busy schedule, completing your degree on time can be difficult.
University of Phoenix can help keep you on track to graduation. Our wide selection of online courses starts nearly every week, year-round, making it convenient for you to earn the credits you need, and then transfer them back to your current degree program.*
Are you a student at another college or university seeking transfer credits back to your own school? Learn more about earning transferable credits.
University of Phoenix offers:
- A wide variety of courses, such as math, science or psychology.
- An online format that works with your schedule.
- Associate- and bachelor's-level courses that can be completed in as little as five to nine weeks.
- Frequent start dates year round.
- Courses that may also be offered on campus, where available.
Be sure to check with the educational institution you attend to find out whether credits earned at University of Phoenix are accepted for degree completion. To find out more about our general education courses, select an area of study here, or sign up to speak with an adv
Download this listing of our most in-demand courses. Remember, this is just a sample of the hundreds of general elective courses we offer. Please check the Course area tab below for a complete list.
This course or program isn't offered in this area
While many of our courses and programs are widely available, you may find some that are not offered in certain locations or formats.
Have questions about our offerings? Talk to one of our Enrollment Advisors:
* Associate, bachelor's and master's courses are academic, for-credit courses. Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student's responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student's choice. Individual courses are not eligible for federal financial aid.
While widely available, not all courses are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor. More information about admissions requirements can be found in the Academic Catalog.