[ Skip Main Nav ]
University of Phoenix® is pleased to offer a scholarship program. These scholarships celebrate our history of making higher education highly accessible for students of all ages and backgrounds. As the largest private university in North America, we take very seriously our social responsibility to our students and the communities we serve. University of Phoenix is particularly adept at aiding non-traditional students complete their education by designing programs around their busy lives. We want to give back to our hard-working alumni and provide them an opportunity to further their educational careers at University of Phoenix.
Through this scholarship program, forty (40) $3,000 scholarships will be offered. Each scholarship will allow an alumni current student the opportunity to continue their chosen bachelor’s, masters or doctoral degree program at University of Phoenix. Recipients must be alumni currently enrolled in their second degree program from University of Phoenix, and may be attending a University of Phoenix on-ground campus or University of Phoenix online. Only the first 200 Qualified Applications that meet the defined eligibility criteria will be considered.
Applicants for the scholarship must demonstrate the following to be considered:
By applying for a University of Phoenix scholarship and/or accepting the scholarship award, the applicant and/or recipient agrees to the following terms and conditions. Failure to abide by any of the following terms and conditions shall result in either disqualification of the scholarship award or termination of the scholarship award.
1. All application submissions shall become the property of Apollo Group, Inc. as the parent company of University of Phoenix, a wholly owned subsidiary, regardless if applicant is awarded the scholarship. In addition, applicant agrees to execute an Apollo Group, Inc. Consent and Release Form and further agrees that Apollo Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries may release the application and the information contained therein to its agents, contractors and related third parties for the purposes set forth below.
Upon the submission of the application by applicant or the award of the scholarship and recipient’s acceptance, Apollo Group, Inc., including its subsidiaries as well as its agents, and others working for it on its behalf or at its direction and their respective licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right to use and republish the submitted application or any of its content; it may reference and acknowledge recipient’s name and authorship of the application; and may use recipient's name, image and likeness, for any purpose relating to the scholarship, including but not limited to, any promotional materials, internal sites, www.phoenix.edu, external company sites, press releases and social media.
2. Scholarship award is a non-cash award to recipient’s University of Phoenix account as outlined on the scholarship application. Scholarship will be applied to the first credit-bearing class with a start date after the award date. No scholarship funds will be applied to previous classes or currently enrolled classes at the time of scholarship award. No check or other cash monies will be disbursed at any time. No exceptions.
The University treats this tuition scholarship, in the form of a non-cash award, as non-taxable income. However, the recipient is encouraged to seek independent counsel from a certified tax consultant as recipient is responsible for all other costs, liabilities, and obligations including any applicable taxes from the award of this scholarship as Federal laws may change and laws vary from state to state. The University makes no representations with respect to the taxability of this award and the University may change its treatment of the scholarship for tax purposes in its sole discretion.
3. This award is a $3,000 scholarship that will cover 4-30% of tuition for the degree program specified on the scholarship application. The actual percentage of tuition the scholarship will cover is dependent on many different variables including but not limited to transferability of any credits, campus location, modality and degree program. University of Phoenix offers a financial planning tool to provide recipients with an estimated degree program cost.
4. Recipient must be in good academic and financial standing. Scholarship may only be used toward degrees that are specified on the scholarship application; non-degree single courses and certificate programs are not covered by the scholarship unless otherwise explicitly stated in the application.
5. Recipient must have successfully completed his/her next credit-bearing course within one hundred and twenty (120) days from scholarship award.
6. If recipient is receiving Title IV financial aid funding in addition to this scholarship, recipient must maintain continuous attendance as defined by the university and/or must qualify for a leave of absence in order to maintain his/her financial aid status. Recipient is required to abide by all state and federal financial aid policies and procedures and all University of Phoenix financial policies and procedures as set forth in the University of Phoenix Academic Catalog, including remaining in good financial standing with University of Phoenix.
7. Recipient who falls out of attendance for more than ninety (90) days from the last date of academic activity will forfeit his/her scholarship. Recipient who returns from an approved absence will be subject to version and program updates per the University of Phoenix Academic Catalog.
8. Recipients may not be placed on academic disqualification (AD) or denied admissions (DA).
9. Recipient acknowledges that at no time can he/she become an employee of Apollo Group, Inc., or any of its affiliates, including University of Phoenix and retain this scholarship.
10. Recipient agrees to complete his/her degree program in the time set forth in the University of Phoenix Academic Catalog. Switching degree programs, whether by choice or due to a version and/or program update, may result in a loss of credits that this scholarship will not cover. If recipient changes degree programs and/or versions, which result in a loss of credits, the scholarship will cover up to six (6) credits that do not transfer to the new degree program. Payment for any credits not covered will be required for future courses. The scholarship will be placed on hold until all lost credits are covered in full at which time the scholarship will resume.
11. Should recipient drop, receive a W-grade or otherwise fail to complete a course for which the scholarship, or a portion of the scholarship, has been used to pay the tuition, in no event will any cash refund be given at any time.
12. During the term of the scholarship, recipient shall notify University of Phoenix immediately if he/she is convicted of a crime, excluding traffic offenses. Recipient acknowledges that said conviction may impact this scholarship in University of Phoenix’s sole discretion.
13. Recipient acknowledges and agrees that he/she will not portray Apollo Group, Inc., University of Phoenix or any affiliates in a negative, harmful, disparaging, offensive or otherwise inappropriate manner as determined in the University of Phoenix’s sole discretion. Nor will recipient associate Apollo Group, Inc., University of Phoenix or any affiliates in any way with content related to tobacco, alcohol, illegal drugs or sexually explicit material or engage in conduct that is immoral or illegal that results in a criminal conviction.
14. Recipient agrees to abide by the University of Phoenix Academic Catalog, including, but not limited to, the Student Code of Conduct.
15. These terms and conditions are in addition to any other terms and conditions set forth in any other part of this document. Any necessary determination, or clarification, as to the interpretation or to the application of a particular term shall be made by the University of Phoenix Center for Scholarship Excellence officials in their sole discretion. Furthermore, University of Phoenix reserves the right in its sole discretion to make any changes or modifications to the scholarship, including but not limited to, the criteria, the selection process, the deadline dates, and the terms and conditions.
16. There will be no exceptions to these terms and conditions unless otherwise approved in writing by the University of Phoenix Center for Scholarship Excellence officials in their sole discretion.
17. Any violation of these scholarship terms and conditions, as determined in University of Phoenix’s sole discretion, will result in disqualification of the scholarship and/or termination of the scholarship award. Recipient acknowledges and agrees that he/she shall have no right to appeal or contest the decision of University of Phoenix to terminate the scholarship as set forth herein. Any unused portion of the Scholarship will be returned to University of Phoenix and is non-transferable.
18. In the event that any provision of the scholarship terms and conditions shall be held void, voidable, or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, please complete the scholarship application.
If you are under 21 years of age, you must print out, sign and upload a copy of the scholarship terms and conditions and release form.
If you do not have the means to scan and upload documents, fax your completed forms to 480-375-9547. Submit your complete online application before faxing the forms. . E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance.
A complete application, and supporting documentation, must be submitted before the first 200 qualified applications that meet the defined eligibility criteria have been submitted, or before January 27, 2015, whichever comes first. Applications not submitted or submitted after the application limit or designated deadline will not be considered. No exceptions.
The scholarship committee will determine the recipients of the scholarship by the award date, April 7, 2015. All applicants with a submitted application will be notified via email, regardless if selected as a recipient or not, by award date regarding the status of the scholarship.
Be advised that it is the applicant’s responsibility to submit a complete application, which must be received on or before the deadline as set forth above. The scholarship committee accepts no responsibility for incomplete applications, applications not in proper form, lost applications, or any other submission. No exceptions.
For any additional information, please email email@example.com.