We Rise Scholarship
The application period is now closed.
We Rise Scholarship FAQs
We Rise Scholarship, created in 2016, aims to acknowledge and honor the hard work and commitment of our current students in pursuing their higher education degree. Through this scholarship, ten (10) full-tuition scholarships will be offered to cover the students’ remaining program. Each scholarship will allow a current student the opportunity to complete their undergraduate, master’s or doctoral degree program at University of Phoenix.
- You must be currently enrolled in a University of Phoenix undergraduate, masters or doctoral degree program at the time of application submission and at award.
- You must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher at the time of scholarship award.
- You must have successfully completed a course within your enrolled degree program in the past 364 days (calculated from the award date).
- You must be in good academic and financial standing at the time of award:
Scholarship funds apply only to future courses and cannot be used for past or pending balances incurred prior to the scholarship award date;
Eligible applicants must have a current account and may not have a Financial Probation or Disqualification status;
Applicants must not currently be on Academic Probation or Academic Disqualification.
Open: Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 11:00 am Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
Closes: We have received 300 qualified applications and the scholarship application is now closed.
Applications will not be accepted after the application period closes. No exception will be made for late submissions, regardless of circumstance (e.g., technical issues, etc.).
When you begin, you'll confirm that you meet the eligibility criteria before moving on to the application itself.
You'll submit three essays. Each essay's page limit and topic will be announced and fully detailed in the “Essays” section of the online application during the submission period.
High importance is placed on your desire to advance in your education, with an emphasis on furthering your career and your impact on the community. We recommend you print out the submitted application for your records.
The Scholarship Selection Committee, comprised of representatives from the University and/or its Alumni Association, evaluates the overall quality of the application and the scholarship essays. The higher the average score, the higher the probability of selection.
You'll be notified via email by August 25, 2016, regardless of whether you were selected for a scholarship or not.
Suggested information to have on hand when you apply
- Your University of Phoenix Individual Record Number (IRN). If you need to find your IRN, log on to eCampus or call 866.766.0766.
- Your degree level, degree program, how many credits you have completed and how many credits you have remaining.
Resources to help with essay writing
As part of the We Rise Scholarship application, three (3) essays must be submitted. The essays topics and details will be within the scholarship application on June 1, 2016. Below are resources that may help you as you prepare your essays: