University of Phoenix and Arizona Cardinals’ Larry Fitzgerald Unite to Provide 11 Individuals the Opportunity to Complete Their Degree
The Focus to the Finish scholarship gives recipients who started college a chance to finish their higher education degrees
PHOENIX, July 2, 2018 — University of Phoenix and Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald are proud to announce this year’s Focus to the Finish scholarship recipients. Through the Focus to the Finish scholarship program, the University awards full tuition scholarships to those students who are striving to complete their college education. The Focus to the Finish program has provided scholarships to 176 recipients since its launch in 2010.
“There is no greater feeling than finishing what you started, especially when it comes to your education goals,” said Fitzgerald. “I know from personal experience that challenges and obligations sometimes get in the way, but you should never lose sight of the finish line. That’s why I am proud to be part of the Focus to the Finish scholarship program and excited about helping others finish their degrees.”
University of Phoenix and Fitzgerald created the scholarship program for individuals who started their college education and, like him, did not finish the first time around.
“At University of Phoenix, we understand we have the potential to change our students’ lives for the better through higher education — and not just their lives, but those of their families and future generations,” said University of Phoenix President Peter Cohen. “That is why we are committed to helping working adults achieve their higher education goals, whether they take courses continuously or needed to take time off from their studies. Working adults have busy lives and responsibilities outside the classroom and we have the resources in place to support them.”
This year, the following Focus to the Finish scholarship recipients were selected:
- Alan Jensen, Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice;
- Amanda Silacci, Bachelor of Science in Business with a certificate in hospitality management;
- Angela Hofstedt, Master of Business Administration with a concentration in finance;
- Candace Harris, Bachelor of Science in Health Administration with a certificate in long-term care;
- Debbie Melvin, Master of Business Administration with a certificate in accounting;
- Johnetta Page, Bachelor of Science in Health Administration;
- Kelly Lott, Bachelor of Science in Psychology;
- Krista Samuelson, Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Administration;
- Nichol Kahale, Master of Arts in Education Secondary Education;
- Timothy Hernandez, Bachelor of Science in Business with a certificate in small business and entrepreneurship; and
- Tina Smith, Bachelor of Science in Business with a certificate in project management.
To be considered for the award, the 2018 Focus to the Finish scholarship applicants must had started, but not graduated, with an undergraduate or master’s degree program at any accredited college or university and been out of attendance at any college or university, including University of Phoenix, for at least a year before the application period opens.
For information about all University of Phoenix current scholarship opportunities, including scholarship requirements, visit www.phoenix.edu/scholarships.
About University of Phoenix
University of Phoenix is innovating to help working adults move efficiently from education to careers in a rapidly changing world. Flexible schedules, relevant and engaging courses, and interactive learning can help students more effectively pursue career and personal aspirations while balancing their busy lives. University of Phoenix serves a diverse student population, offering associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs from campuses and learning centers across the U.S. as well as online throughout the world. For more information, visit phoenix.edu.