Near Graduation Terms and Conditions
As a University of Phoenix student who is within 13 credits of graduating from your associates, bachelor or master’s degree program, you are eligible to participate in the University of Phoenix Near Graduation Program.
Here’s how the program works.
If you have been out of attendance 6 months or greater as of September 1, 2019 with 13 credits or less remaining in your program and you return to your associates, bachelor or master’s degree program online or at one of our active markets with a class starting on or between September 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020; you are eligible for this Near Graduation Program and the University will cover half of your tuition costs on courses taken between September 1, 2019 and August 31, 2021.
If you don’t meet the above criteria, then we would still love to see you return to the University to earn a degree, but you aren’t eligible for this Near Graduation Program.
Please note the following regarding the Near Graduation Program:
- This is a non-cash award and under no circumstance will the Near Graduation Program benefits exceed the invoice amount.
- The Near Graduation Program is valid for one associates, bachelor or master’s degree program only, which is the degree program the student most recently attended.
- The Near Graduation Program cannot be combined with any other University scholarship, promotion, memorandum of understanding or Tuition Offer. A “Tuition Offer” is any tuition benefit provided to the student as a result of a corporate employer partnership, international student discount, or other promotional offer.
- You are responsible for all other fees and costs associated with your degree program.
- You remain responsible for repayment of all Federal Student Aid borrowed for your program or any other program you have enrolled in and/or attended, and are subject to the repayment terms and conditions set forth in your borrowing agreement.
- The Near Graduation Program is not applicable and will not be issued to:
- Students who do not meet the eligibility requirements.
- Employees of University of Phoenix, its parent company, subsidiaries or affiliates of the parent company, and their spouses and children.
- Cover costs for credits earned outside of the University.
- Students who are Academically Disqualified, Disqualified for Admission, Scholastically Disqualified, Scholastically Suspended or Expelled as outlined in the University Catalog.
- Doctoral students and certificate programs.
- Students who take a course after September 1, 2021.
- The benefit will automatically terminate if:
The student fails to meet any of the eligibility requirements set forth above.
- The student transfers to another University degree program.
- The student becomes degree complete in the eligible degree program.
- The student is Academically Disqualified, Disqualified for Admission, Scholastically Disqualified, Scholastically Suspended or Expelled as outlined in the University Catalog.