acc230 | undergraduate
Financial Reporting: Peeking Under The Financial Hood
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Analyze the effect of accounting choices on the quality of financial reporting.
- Describe various accounting choices and assumptions that may affect financial statements.
- Identify quality issues of a company’s reporting practices.
Statement of Cash Flows
- Assess the importance of the cash flow statement as a financial statement analysis tool.
- Analyze key components of statements of cash flows.
Financial Statement Analysis
- Evaluate a firm’s financial health based on financial statement information.
- Summarize the process of analyzing a set of financial statements.
Income Statements and Stockholder's Equity
- Interpret income statements using analysis methods for valuing companies.
- Analyze operating income, earnings per share, and comprehensive income.
- Define stock dividends, stock splits, reverse splits, and effects on per share calculations.
Introduction to Financial Statements
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of a company’s financial statement.
- Determine the influence of the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
- Discuss the importance of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- Outline advantages and disadvantages of using different depreciation methods.
- Analyze a consolidated balance sheet.
- Analyze the various key components of a balance sheet.
Statement of Cash Flows
- Distinguish cash flow from operating, investing, and financing activities.
- Prepare a consolidated statement of cash flows using the indirect method.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.