acc340 | undergraduate
Accounting Information System I
topic title goes here
Changing Dynamics of Accounting
- Identify the five accounting cycles.
- Describe the impact of information systems on the accounting profession.
- Demonstrate the flow of accounting information through an organization.
- Analyze the limitations and risks of using the Internet in business activities.
- Differentiate among the various types of information systems (IS).
Business Modeling Processes and System Design
- Describe the systems development life cycle.
- Explain the development of accounting information system requirements.
Information Systems and Auditing
- Identify methods for auditing information systems.
- Examine the impact of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act on internal control.
Data Management and Integration
- Develop a database using an accounting cycle.
- Define terminology used in databases.
- Create a tool illustrating the flow of accounting information.
Information Systems Infrastructure
- Identify major hardware components.
- Identify internal control procedures for accounting information systems.
- Examine accounting software applications.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.