acc497 | undergraduate
Advanced Topics In Accounting Research
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Advanced Financial Accounting Topics
- Describe the development of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Interpret financial statements for business decisions.
- Conduct accounting research using the FASB Codification System.
Management Decision-Based Accounting
- Critique non-financial performance measures.
- Determine the impact of international accounting standards on business decisions.
- Recommend a course of action based on financial performance.
- Compare and contrast for-profit and not-for-profit reporting guidance.
- Differentiate between governmental and financial reporting.
Tax Planning and Research
- Formulate tax-planning advice.
- Conduct tax research.
- Identify the risk and liability factors in financial statement audits.
- Relate the implications of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act to the auditing environment.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.