acchc561 | Graduate
Accounting In A Health Care Environment
This graduate-level course is 6 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Compare and contrast the different methods of measuring cost functions in the health care industry.
- Evaluate how cost behavior affects selection of cost drivers and health careâs management decisions.
- Analyze the cost-volume-profit relationships to predict effects of changes in sales or costs, including the break-even sales volume.
- Explain how cost accounting systems are used in the health care industry to determine the cost of a product, service, customer, or other cost objective.
Decision Making in the Health Care Environment
- Explain the role of budgets and performance reports of management in the health care industry.
- Evaluate relevant accounting information for business decision making in the health care industry.
- Evaluate the role of ethics in accounting decision making.
- Apply the concepts, techniques, and conventions of basic financial accounting to a health care organization.
- Identify how measurement conventions in the health care industry affect financial reporting.
- Determine the relationships between the elements of the financial statements.
- Examine the budgeting process for capital, operational and facility funding.
- Explain the benchmarking process and how it is used to make decisions in the healthcare industry.
- Analyze budget performance, corrective actions, and evaluate the impact on healthcare.
- Analyze the impact of overhead and how cost centers are determined.
- Compare and contrast uses of fixed and variable costing.
- Explain the methods of cost allocation.
- Evaluate how managers use control systems to achieve organizational goals.
- Evaluate the healthcare revenue cycle and how it impacts performance management.
- Compute return on investment, residual income, and economic value added.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.