accsb561 | Graduate
Small Business Accounting
This graduate-level course is 6 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Analyze the cost-volume-profit relationships to predict effects of changes in sales or costs, including the break-even sales volume.
- Evaluate how cost behavior affects selection of cost drivers and management decisions.
- Explain how cost accounting systems are used to determine the cost objectives of a small business.
- Analyze the effect of overhead costs on small business operations.
- Manage organizational costs using small business software.
- Explain the difference between fixed and variable costs and how they relate to small business owners.
- Identify control systems used by small business owners to achieve organizational goals.
- Compute return on investment, residual income and economic value added for a small business.
- Identify ways that small business software can be used to generate performance management reports.
- Evaluate relevant accounting information for business decision making.
- Explain the role of budgets and performance reports in the management decision-making process.
- Describe the role of ethics in accounting decision making.
- Construct an activity-based flexible budget.
- Explain the major components, advantages, and disadvantages of a master budget for small business owners.
- Assess the risks associated with sales forecasting.
- Identify how measurement conventions affect financial reporting for small businesses.
- Apply the concepts, techniques, and conventions of basic financial accounting for small businesses.
- Compare the elements of different financial statements.
- Implement software applications to meet small business needs.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.