accsb591 | Graduate
Small Business Risk And Tax Management
This graduate-level course is 6 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Perform a risk analysis addressing internal and external threats for small businesses.
- Identify different insurance requirements for a small business.
Introduction to Business Taxation
- Summarize various tax characteristics and their influence on organizational formation.
- Compare business entities and their respective tax consequences.
- Apply tax planning implications to basic small businesses.
Tax Preparation and Planning
- Explain how tax consequences influence net present value calculations and decision-making strategies.
- Determine the effects of the four tax variables on a transaction.
- Recognize how various accounting methods affect the level of taxable income.
Accounting for Property Acquisitions and Corporate Tax
- Apply various cost recovery methods to reduce taxable income in a small business.
- Identify a corporation’s legal characteristics.
- Compute taxable income and tax credits for a corporation.
Taxation of Property Exchanges and Risk Management
- Calculate various tax gains and losses from property dispositions and nontaxable exchanges in a small business.
- Identify characteristics, limitations, and coverage requirements of small business risk management.
- Summarize the effects of exchange of property for equity on various businesses.
Compensation and Compliance
- Differentiate tax consequences of compensation between small business employers and employees.
- Apply filing and payment requirements for individual and corporate taxation.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.