act101 | undergraduate
Introduction To Actuarial Science
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Statistical Software and Actuarial Exams
- Research actuarial exam questions and exam calculator requirements.
- Download and install R and RStudioÂ® statistical software.
- Explain the basic function of R and RStudioÂ® statistical software.
- Import a dataset into RStudioÂ®.
The Mathematics, Computer Science, and Statistical Skills Needed for Success as an Actuary
- Explore actuarial Exam P/1 study resources.
- Explain the math and statistical skills needed to succeed as an actuary.
- Perform basic data manipulation on an insurance dataset.
- Analyze insurance datasets.
- Identify key terms and concepts within insurance datasets.
Setting Up the Path to Success
- Determine the resources needed for each stage of the study process for Exam P/1.
- Explain how you will successfully complete your degree program and Exam P/1.
- Determine personal areas of strengths and weaknesses for Exam P/1.
- Explain how completion of actuarial exams can contribute to obtaining employment as an actuary.
- Create a project plan to study for Exam P/1.
The Role of an Actuary
- Explain the principal responsibilities of an actuary within an organization.
- Describe the professional credentialing requirements needed to begin a career as an actuary.
- Identify the career optinos of an actuary.
- Describe ethical considerations that actuaries encounter.
Actuarial Societies, Online Community Forums, and Credentialing Exams
- Identify the resources available in professional actuarial societies and online community forums that offer support with actuarial exams, internships, and careers.
- Explain the major differences between CAS and SOA.
- Compare and contrast the actuarial exam outlines between CAS and SOA.
- Identify the time and study habits needed to successfully pass the Exam P/1.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.