act450 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Financial Economics Introduction
- Explain a put call parity calculation.
- Explain how the No-Arbitrage concept is used to calculate theoretical value of swaps, forwards, and futures.
- Compare different hedging strategies.
- Calculate the value of derivative contracts.
- Define Financial Market Investment Instrument related terms.
- Explain the connection between various investment products.
Time Value of Money (Miracle of Compound Interest)
- Define Interest calculation vocabulary.
- Identify 4 items necessary in an interest calculation.
- Explain the connection between different interest rate types.
- Describe the Equation of Value given a set of cash flows and an interest rate type value.
- Calculate the Time Value of Money.
Annuities and other Cash Flows not Contingent
- Define Annuity Terms.
- Explain the connection between the components of an annuity.
- Calculate an annuity.
- Describe the process to determine the price of stock using the dividend discount model.
- Define Loan Terms.
- Explain the connection between the different components of a loan.
- Calculate the outstanding balance of loan.
- Calculate the amount of principal and interest in any payment.
Bonds, General Cash Flow and Immunizations
- Define bond, general cash flow, and immunization terms.
- Explain the connection between the components of a bond.
- Describe constructing an investment portfolio based on 3 methods: 1) Full Immunization, 2)matching present value/duration, and 3) exactly matching cash flows.
- Calculate portfolio yield rate and duration.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.